The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Fighting Corruption in Transition Economies Kazakhstan
This report is a review of Kazakhstans legal and institutional framework for fighting corruption, in accordance with the framework provided by the Anti-Corruption Network for Transition Economies, based at the OECD. The review examines: (1) national anti-corruption policy and institutions currently in place in Kazakhstan; (2) national anti-corruption legislation and preventive measures to ensure integrity of civil service; and (3) effective financial control.
The review process is based on the OECD practice of mutual analysis and policy formulation. The main input for the review was the self-assessment report prepared by the government of Kazakhstan. An international group of peers then provided an expert assessment and draft recommendations. Finally, a review meeting (attended by national governments, international organisations, civil and business associations) discussed the report and its expert assessment, and endorsed the recommendations for Kazakhstan.
This publication contains all the recommendations, as well as the full text of the self-assessment report provided by the government of Kazakhstan. Thus, it provides an important guide for the country as it develops its anti-corruption actions, and it will serve as a useful reference for other countries reforming their anti-corruption policies, legislation and institutions.
While these recommendations are not legally binding, they represent Kazakhstans commitment to fighting corruption. Implementation of these recommendations will also help the country meet its legally binding obligations under the United Nations Convention on Corruption and the Council of Europes Criminal Law Convention on Corruption. The results of this review will also be used to regularly monitor Kazakhstans progress in implementing the recommendations.
For more information, please refer to the website of the Anti-Corruption Network for Eastern Europe and Central Asia www.oecd.org/corruption/acn and the website of the OECD Anti-Corruption Division www.oecd.org/daf/nocorruption.
179 pages; ISBN 9789264026155
, or download in
More from this author
- 21st Century Learning Environments2006US$ 35.00110 pages
- Engineered Barrier Systems (EBS) in the Safety Case2007US$ 63.00190 pages
More Political Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Area, etc. > Asia > Central Asia
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Area, etc.) > Asia > Central Asia Including former republics of the Soviet Union
- Political Science > Federal Government
- Political Science > Constitutions