Aviation and Climate Change
Lessons for European Policy
It is generally accepted – the US administration excepted - that the emissions reduction targets agreed in the Kyoto Protocol are only the beginning of what needs to be achieved in international climate negotiations. While studies suggest that major emission reductions by industrialized countries can be achieved at low economic cost, both these and early reductions by developing countries are inevitably a major political challenge.
This book focuses on European policy toward climate change, specifically its ramifications for the aviation industry. With air travel predicted to grow enormously in the coming years, the issue of climate change is hugely topical for this important industry.
Accessible to students, academics and practioners, this book is useful reading for all those with an interest in climate change, the aviation industry, or both.
146 pages; ISBN 9781134153756
, or download in or
Title: Aviation and Climate Change
Author: Alice Bows; Kevin Anderson; Paul Upham
Introduction to Water Resources and Environmental Issues 2009 US$ 68.00 470 pages
Food, Inc. 2010 US$ 12.99
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Environmental effects of industries and plants
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Environmental effects of industries and plants
- Science > Meteorology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Transportation > Aviation
- Technology > Aeronautics & Astronautics
- The Environment