A Sideways Look at Time
Why does time seem so short? How does women's time differ from men's? Why does time seem to move slowly in the countryside and quickly in cities? How do different cultures around the world see time? In A Sideways Look at Time, Jay Griffiths takes readers on an extraordinary tour of time as we have never seen it before.
With this dazzling and defiant work, Griffiths introduces us to dimensions of time that are largely forgotten in our modern lives. She presents an infectious argument for other, more magical times, the diverse cycles of nature, of folktale or carnival, when time is unlimited and on our side. This is a book for those who suspect that there's more to time than clocks.
Irresistible and provocative, A Sideways Look at Time could change the way we view time-forever.
416 pages; ISBN 9781440650017
, or download in
Title: A Sideways Look at Time
Author: Jay Griffiths
1. Pips and Oceans and the Now
2. F.Fwd. The Trouser-Arrow of Speed
3. Mythical Lizards, Bacchus's Bins and Mining the Past
4. Bottoms Up! Mischief Nights and Millennium Days
5. Wreaking Good HavocA Time of Women
6. Wet Round Time and Dry Linear Time
7. The Power and the Glory
8. Life's Too Short
9. Progress is a Four-Letter Word
10. A Teflon Tomorrow
12. Tootle Pip
13. Wild Time
Bibliography Sources & Suggestions for Further Reading