The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Teaching the Brain to Read
Strategies for Improving Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension
* Why a classroom has to be safe and supportive in order to overcome barriers to reading fluency
* How to jumpstart students who are not well prepared for reading with activities that build phonemic awareness
* Why helping students identify and use patterns is vital to effective reading instruction
* How to enhance students vocabulary processing by relating to their learning styles and prior knowledge, and engaging them in multisensory learning
* Why strategies for teaching reading comprehension need to change with each step of the comprehension process
With each revelation about the neurology of reading instruction, Willis provides whole-class and individualized activities, lessons, and units that you can use in every grade and subject to help all students become better readers.
194 pages; ISBN 9781416607946
, or download in
More from this author
- Brain-Friendly Strategies for the Inclusion Classroom2007US$ 25.95243 pages
- How Your Child Learns Best2008US$ 12.99338 pages