The Engineering Handbook of Smart Technology for Aging, Disability and Independence
Ongoing research and advancements in technology are essential for the continuing independence of elderly and disabled persons. The Engineering Handbook of Smart Technology for Aging, Disability, and Independence provides a thorough analysis of these technologies and the needs of the elderly and disabled, including a breakdown of demographics, government spending, growth rate, and much more.
Each chapter is written by an expert in his or her respective field, and gives readers unparalleled insight into the research and developments in a multitude of important areas, including:
- User-need analyses, classifications, and policies
- Assistive devices and systems for people with motor disabilities
- Assistive devices and systems for people with visual and hearing impairments
- Human-machine interaction and virtual reality
- Assistive robotics
- Technology for user mobility and object manipulation
- Smart homes as assistant environments
- A discussion of emerging standards and guidelines to build accessible devices, tools, and environments
This book is an indispensable resource for researchers and professionals in computer science, rehabilitation science, and clinical engineering. It also serves as a valuable textbook for graduate students in the aforementioned fields.
970 pages; ISBN 9780470379356
, or download in
Title: The Engineering Handbook of Smart Technology for Aging, Disability and Independence
Author: Abdelsalam Helal; Mounir Mokhtari; Bessam Abdulrazak