The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Principles, Practices, Philosophies
From the local to the global level, the forces that shape today's economic and social conditions also affect the tourism industry. Anyone involved in the work or study of today's tourism industry must consider all these factors together and their effect on it.
This updated and revised Eleventh Edition of Tourism presents a comprehensive introduction to travel and tourism, while continuing the tested approach of successful previous editions. New and revised coverage, integrating the latest developments in the tourism industry, includes:
- Profiles of such industry leaders as J. W. Marriott, Jr, of Marriott International, Inc., James Rasulo of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, and Francesco Frangialli, Secretary-General of the United Nations World Tourism Organization
- Lively and fun "Global Insights" look at emerging areas of importance in tourism
- Demographic trends, such as how the many new travelers from BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) recreate and seek culture
- New information on transportation options, including high-speed rail and river cruises
- New consideration of the use of the Internet, particularly Web 2.0 (podcasting, social networks, and blogs), in tourism research, marketing, and promotion
- Updates on passport, visa, and governmental policies
- Expanded treatment of crisis management
648 pages; ISBN 9780470440605
, or download in