The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
This book provides the background and training suitable for application of impedance spectroscopy to varied applications, such as corrosion, biomedical devices, semiconductors and solid-state devices, sensors, batteries, fuel cells, electrochemical capacitors, dielectric measurements, coatings, electrochromic materials, analytical chemistry, and imaging. The emphasis is on generally applicable fundamentals rather than on detailed treatment of applications. With numerous illustrative examples showing how these principles are applied to common impedance problems, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy is ideal either for course study or for independent self-study, covering:
- Essential background, including complex variables, differential equations, statistics, electrical circuits, electrochemistry, and instrumentation
- Experimental techniques, including methods used to measure impedance and other transfer functions
- Process models, demonstrating how deterministic models of impedance response can be developed from physical and kinetic descriptions
- Interpretation strategies, describing methods of interpretating of impedance data, ranging from graphical methods to complex nonlinear regression
- Error structure, providing a conceptual understanding of stochastic, bias, and fitting errors in frequency-domain measurements
- An overview that provides a philosophy for electrochemical impedance spectroscopy that integrates experimental observation, model development, and error analysis
This is an excellent textbook for graduate students in electrochemistry, materials science, and chemical engineering. It's also a great self-study guide and reference for scientists and engineers who work with electrochemistry, corrosion, and electrochemical technology, including those in the biomedical field, and for users and vendors of impedance-measuring instrumentation.
560 pages; ISBN 9781118209943
, or download in or