Freedom of Analysis?
This volume draws together papers that argue for a renewed focus on the role of hard constraints on phonological representations as well as the processes that operate on them. These are issues that have been sidelined since the shift in emphasis in phonological research to functionally grounded output-oriented constraints. Taking Optimality Theory as their starting point, the articles attack the question to what degree the Generator function Gen should be given freedom of analysis on three fronts.
396 pages; ISBN 9783110198591
, or download in
Title: Freedom of Analysis?
Author: Sylvia Blaho; Patrik Bye; Martin Krämer
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar > Comparative grammar
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > General
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Grammar
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Phonetics & Phonics