The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Dependability Benchmarking for Computer Systems
As computer systems have become more complex and mission-critical, it is imperative for systems engineers and researchers to have metrics for a system's dependability, reliability, availability, and serviceability. Dependability benchmarks are useful for guiding development efforts for system providers, acquisition choices of system purchasers, and evaluations of new concepts by researchers in academia and industry.
This book gathers together all dependability benchmarks developed to date by industry and academia and explains the various principles and concepts of dependability benchmarking. It collects the expert knowledge of DBench, a research project funded by the European Union, and the IFIP Special Interest Group on Dependability Benchmarking, to shed light on this important area. It also provides a large panorama of examples and recommendations for defining dependability benchmarks.
Dependability Benchmarking for Computer Systems includes contributions from a credible mix of industrial and academic sources: IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Critical Software, Carnegie Mellon University, LAAS-CNRS, Technical University of Valencia, University of Coimbra, and University of Illinois. It is an invaluable resource for engineers, researchers, system vendors, system purchasers, computer industry consultants, and system integrators.
382 pages; ISBN 9780470370834
, or download in
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer software; Reliability
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Systems Analysis & Design
- Computers > Operating Systems > Windows
- Computers > Networking