Common Design Patterns for Symbian OS
The Foundations of Smartphone Software
- Provides patterns based on the Symbian OS architectural elements
- Describes how patterns suited for non-mobile software should be adapted or even avoided for Symbian OS
- Provides Symbian OS based examples and code illustrations
Each chapter covers patterns that address specific key concern experienced by developers: memory performance, time performance, power performance, security and responsiveness.
This book is not specific to any particular version of Symbian OS. While individual examples may come from one version or another the patterns outlined in this book are intended to be more generic and based on the common functionality available in all releases. Where possible the examples given for the design patterns will directly reflect the software in Symbian OS.
Common Design Patterns for Symbian OS is intended to be used in conjunction with one or more SDKs for specific Symbian OS phones and with the resources available at the Symbian DevNet web site. This facility will provide the background material needed to help understand the patterns and the examples accompanying them.
447 pages; ISBN 9780470758960
, or download in
Title: Common Design Patterns for Symbian OS
Author: Adrian A. I. Issott
Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fourth Edition 2015 US$ 79.95 1283 pages
Programming in Haskell 2007 US$ 52.00 185 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Java
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Operating Systems
- Computers > Hardware