Pro SQL Server Disaster Recovery
Many would argue that the single most important job of a SQL Server database administrator is to be able to recover your database in the event of loss or damage. Pro SQL Server Disaster Recovery helps you meet that goal by showing you how to think about and plan for potential problems. Youll learn to anticipate and reduce the likelihood of a disaster, and to mitigate the effects of a disaster when one does occur. Perhaps most importantly, youll learn how to prepare so that you can return a system to its normal state quickly, ensuring system availability and the continued success and operation of your business.
Many SQL Server features and technologies are, or can be put to good use in disaster recovery planning. In this book, youll learn about powerful tools and featuressuch as Database Snapshots and Mirroringfor data backup and disaster recovery that are present in SQL Server 2005, and that are enhanced in SQL Server 2008. Also covered are common issues to expect when using these features. This book explores your options by examining the technical details of disaster recovery features and then applying that knowledge to practical scenarios.
Theres a human side to disaster recovery planning as well. Like few other activities, disaster recovery planning requires that you work closely with a wide variety of people from all across your organization. People skills are as critical to disaster recovery planning as technical skills, and perhaps more so. This book does not leave you in the dark, but provides sound advice on how to keep disaster recovery planning projects on track, how to avoid dangerous scope creep, and how to work effectively with the variety of personality types that you will encounter.
Disaster recovery planning is really about sleep. When you get the call at 3:00 am that your database is lost, dont wake up with that icy feeling in your veins. Instead, wake up with confidence that you have a plan in place, a plan that youve practiced, that management has bought into, a plan that you can execute even while halfasleep to get your database, your company, and your job back on track.
360 pages; ISBN 9781430206019
, or download in
Title: Pro SQL Server Disaster Recovery
Author: James Luetkehoelter
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Client/server computing
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Academic > Computer Science > Data recovery
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Computers > System Support & Administration
- Computers > Database Management