The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Raising Attainment of Pupils from Culturally-diverse Backgrounds
Helping you to ensure that every pupil fulfils their potential, this book draws on the authors' research and practical experience to demonstrate what can be done to raise attainment, especially in pupils from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This book contains tried-and-tested strategies for:
- inducting asylum seekers
- supporting bilingual learners
- working with gypsy and traveller children
- raising the attainment of black boys
- working with parents and the local community
Highly practical, this book contains lesson activities, suggestions for improving your teaching skills, case studies and activities for professional reflection.
All teachers, teaching assistants and teacher trainers, especially those working in culturally diverse classrooms, will want to read this book.
129 pages; ISBN 9781848607538
, or download in
More from this author
- Understanding Effective Learning2008US$ 172.00191 pages
- A Quick Guide to Behaviour Management in the Early Years2011US$ 37.00137 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Immigrants or ethnic and linguistic minorities. Bilingual schools
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education
- Education > Secondary
- Education > Philosophy & Social Aspects
- Education > Students & Student Life