Lesarten – Die Rezeption des Werks von Edgar Hilsenrath
“Wide-screen book” or “Night of the Nights”? The verdict of German literary critics was already oscillating between these two extremes in 1978. This controversy, which was ignited by Hilsenrath’s first work Nacht (“Night”) and was specific to Germany compared with the international reception of his work, runs throughout his writing. This study traces the history of the reception of his novels, i.e. the readings revealed by arts pages, literary studies and general readers, and analyses how they function.
348 pages; ISBN 9783484970533
, or download in
Title: Lesarten – Die Rezeption des Werks von Edgar Hilsenrath
Author: Patricia Vahsen
- Academic > Literature > German literature > History of German literature > Modern
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Provincial, local, colonial, etc.
- Literary Criticism > European > German
- History > Holocaust
- Language Arts & Disciplines