QuickBooks 2009 For Dummies
QuickBooks helps you keep financial records, prepare invoices and record sales, pay bills, settle up at the end of the year, and more. In this guide, a top accounting and tax planning consultant tells you what you need to do to be ready for QuickBooks, then how to install and set up the program for your business. Discover how to:
- Use the latest version of QuickBooks to maintain your accounting records in compliance with tax laws
- Create invoices and credit memos, record sales receipts, set up inventory items, and monitor your inventory
- Record and pay bills, print checks, and process payroll, including withholding
- Balance accounts and generate financial reports
- Set up a business budget and reconcile your account
- Perform weekly, monthly, and annual record-keeping
- Create job estimates that can be easily converted into invoices or compared with actual costs
- Track accounts receivable and payable
- Produce reports that help you understand your customer list, vendors, job expenses, inventory, payroll, budget, and more
- Use job-costing procedure that help you estimate, bill, and track jobs
- Decide whether to use accrual-basis accounting or cash-basis accounting
Handling the financial chores with QuickBooks can put the fun back into owning your own business. QuickBooks 2009 For Dummies makes it easier!
Title: QuickBooks 2009 For Dummies
Author: Stephen L. Nelson
Part I: Quickly into QuickBooks.
Chapter 1: QuickBooks: The Heart of Your Business.
Chapter 2: Answering Mr. Wizard.
Chapter 3: Populating QuickBooks Lists.
Part II: Daily Entry Tasks.
Chapter 4: Creating Invoices and Credit Memos.
Chapter 5: Reeling In the Dough.
Chapter 6: Paying the Bills.
Chapter 7: Inventory Magic.
Chapter 8: Keeping Your Checkbook.
Chapter 9: Paying with Plastic.
Part III: Stuff You Do from Time to Time.
Chapter 10: Printing Checks.
Chapter 11: Payroll.
Chapter 12: Building the Perfect Budget.
Chapter 13: Online with QuickBooks.
Part IV: Housekeeping Chores.
Chapter 14: The Balancing Act.
Chapter 15: Reporting on the State of Affairs.
Chapter 16: Job Estimating, Billing, and Tracking.
Chapter 17: File Management Tips.
Chapter 18: Fixed Assets and Vehicle Lists.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: (Almost) Ten Tips for Business Owners.
Chapter 20: Tips for Handling (Almost) Ten Tricky Situations.
Chapter 21: (Almost) Ten Secret Business Formulas.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Installing QuickBooks in Ten Easy Steps.
Appendix B: If Numbers Are Your Friends.
Appendix C: Sharing QuickBooks Files.
The Smartest Guys in the Room 2013 US$ 13.99 480 pages
Grow by Focusing on What Matters 2011 US$ 19.95 233 pages