Mortgages For Dummies
This easy-to-understand, objective, and jargon-free guide helps you fine-tune your finances, figure out what you can afford, and improve your credit score before you go mortgage shopping. You’ll get familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages, 15- and 30-year loans, and conforming and jumbo packages. You also get help finding and working with reputable professionals, comparing programs, and securing terms you can live with. Discover how to:
- Match your mortgage to your financial goals
- Qualify for a mortgage even when money is tight
- Find the right loan for you
- Choose the best lender/broker
- Negotiate the best terms
- Calculate your costs and payments
- Understand and complete all paperwork
- Refinance an existing mortgage
- Understand and consider special situation loans
- Explore reverse mortgages and other options
- Decipher amortization tables and comparison worksheets
- Use the Internet wisely when mortgage shopping
Now, more than ever, you need clear, reliable information that helps you get the mortgage you need at a price you can afford. You need Mortgages For Dummies, 3rd Edition!
Title: Mortgages For Dummies
Author: Eric Tyson; Ray Brown
Part I: Fine-Tuning Your Finances.
Chapter 1: Determining Your Borrowing Power.
Chapter 2: Qualifying for a Mortgage.
Chapter 3: Scoping Out Your Credit Score.
Part II: Locating a Loan.
Chapter 4: Fathoming the Fundamentals.
Chapter 5: Selecting the Best Home Purchase Loan.
Chapter 6: Surveying Special Situation Loans.
Part III: Landing a Lender.
Chapter 7: Finding Your Best Lender.
Chapter 8: Surfing the Internet’s Mortgage Sites.
Chapter 9: Choosing Your Preferred Mortgage.
Chapter 10: Managing Mortgage Paperwork.
Part IV: Refinancing and Other Money Generators.
Chapter 11: Refinancing Your Mortgage.
Chapter 12: Reverse Mortgages for Retirement Income.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 13: Ten (Or So) “Must-Knows” about Foreclosure.
Chapter 14: Ten Mortgage No-Nos.
Chapter 15: Ten Issues to Consider Before Prepaying Your Loan.
Part VI: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Loan Amortization Table.
Appendix B: Remaining Balance Tables.
Appendix C: Glossary.