Narrative CBT for Psychosis
Designed to meet the complex needs of patients with psychosis, Narrative CBT for Psychosis combines narrative and solution-focused therapy with established techniques from CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) into one integrated flexible approach.
In this book John Rhodes and Simon Jakes bring the practitioner up-to-date, as treatment and practice evolve to draw on other therapeutic approaches, creating an approach which is client centred and non-confrontational. The book contains many tried and tested practical ideas for helping clients, with several chapters including detailed and illuminating case studies.
Areas of discussion include:
- how to work with delusions, voices and visions
- working with core beliefs
- an exploration of narratives of past difficulties and traumas
- recovery and ending therapy
Narrative CBT for Psychosis will be essential reading for all mental health professionals who deal with psychosis who wish to learn a new approach.
, or download in or
Title: Narrative CBT for Psychosis
Author: John Rhodes; Simon Jakes
Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me) 2008 US$ 15.00 304 pages
Cognitive Science 2014 US$ 56.00 556 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Psychoses
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Psychosomatic medicine
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Illness