The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Narrative CBT for Psychosis
Designed to meet the complex needs of patients with psychosis, Narrative CBT for Psychosis combines narrative and solution-focused therapy with established techniques from CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) into one integrated flexible approach.
In this book John Rhodes and Simon Jakes bring the practitioner up-to-date, as treatment and practice evolve to draw on other therapeutic approaches, creating an approach which is client centred and non-confrontational. The book contains many tried and tested practical ideas for helping clients, with several chapters including detailed and illuminating case studies.
Areas of discussion include:
- how to work with delusions, voices and visions
- working with core beliefs
- an exploration of narratives of past difficulties and traumas
- recovery and ending therapy
Narrative CBT for Psychosis will be essential reading for all mental health professionals who deal with psychosis who wish to learn a new approach.
, or download in or
Title: Narrative CBT for Psychosis
Author: John Rhodes; Simon Jakes
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Psychoses
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Psychosomatic medicine
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Illness