Software Testing and Continuous Quality Improvement, Third Edition
It is often assumed that software testing is based on clearly defined requirements and software development standards. However, testing is typically performed against changing, and sometimes inaccurate, requirements. The third edition of a bestseller, Software Testing and Continuous Quality Improvement, Third Edition provides a continuous quality framework for the software testing process within traditionally structured and unstructured environments. This framework aids in creating meaningful test cases for systems with evolving requirements.
This completely revised reference provides a comprehensive look at software testing as part of the project management process, emphasizing testing and quality goals early on in development. Building on the success of previous editions, the text explains testing in a Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) environment, the building blocks of a Testing Center of Excellence (COE), and how to test in an agile development. Fully updated, the sections on test effort estimation provide greater emphasis on testing metrics. The book also examines all aspects of functional testing and looks at the relation between changing business strategies and changes to applications in development.
Includes New Chapters on Process, Application, and Organizational Metrics
All IT organizations face software testing issues, but most are unprepared to manage them. Software Testing and Continuous Quality Improvement, Third Edition is enhanced with an up-to-date listing of free software tools and a question-and-answer checklist for choosing the best tools for your organization. It equips you with everything you need to effectively address testing issues in the most beneficial way for your business.
686 pages; ISBN 9781439834367
, or download in
Title: Software Testing and Continuous Quality Improvement, Third Edition
Author: William E. Lewis
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer software; Testing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development
- Business > Quality Control
- Business > Project Management