The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Motivational Interviewing in Health Care
Helping Patients Change Behavior
Much of health care today involves helping patients manage conditions whose outcomes can be greatly influenced by lifestyle or behavior change. Written specifically for health care professionals, this concise book presents powerful tools to enhance communication with patients and guide them in making choices to improve their health, from weight loss, exercise, and smoking cessation, to medication adherence and safer sex practices. Engaging dialogues and vignettes bring to life the core skills of motivational interviewing (MI) and show how to incorporate this brief evidence-based approach into any health care setting. Appendices include MI training resources and publications on specific medical conditions.
This book is in the Applications of Motivational Interviewing series.
Title: Motivational Interviewing in Health Care
Author: Stephen Rollnick; William R. Miller; Christopher C. Butler
- Academic > Health Sciences > Medical personnel and the public. Physician and the public
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Medicine > Nursing
- Medicine > Clinical Medicine
- Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology