Stretching Anatomy is like having an X-ray of each stretch, only better. Not only do you see full-color illustrations of the muscles in action, but you also find out how changes in position can alter the muscle emphasis and difficulty and how variations can improve safety and effectiveness.
Each exercise includes detailed instruction on how to stretch, when to stretch, primary and secondary muscle emphasis, and which muscles are activated for support. Stretching programs provide three levels of difficulty, including light stretching that can be used as a warm-up or to aid in recovery from soreness or injury. And summary movement tables show how to customize stretching programs to focus on key problem areas.
Whether it is increased flexibility or reduced muscle soreness or tension, Stretching Anatomy allows you to see and feel the benefit of proper stretching technique.
Title: Stretching Anatomy
Author: Arnold G. Nelson; Jouko J. Kokkonen
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding 2012 US$ 23.99 832 pages
Beyond Basketball 2006 US$ 9.99
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Special situations and conditions > Sports medicine
- Academic > Life Sciences > Biology > Human anatomy > General
- Academic > Sports and Recreation > Physical education and training > Physical measurements. Physical tests, etc.
- Academic > Health Sciences > Human anatomy
- Science > Life Sciences
- Health & Fitness > Exercise
- Sports & Recreation