The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Letters on England
Letters on England gathers together Voltaire's essays about his time in England between 1726 and 1728. Comparable to Alexis De Tocqueville's Democracy in America, Voltaire looks at English culture as an outsider, giving its culture, society and governing institutions a favorable comparison to their French counterparts.
, or download in or
More from this author
- Voltaire2003US$ 3.99124 pages
- Voltaire's Philosophical Dictionary - The Original Classic Edition2012US$ 7.95126 pages
- Academic > Literature > French literature > Old French literature > Collections Individual authors and works > 18th century
- Academic > Literature > French literature > History and criticism > Medieval. Old French
- Academic > Literature > French literature > Modern literature Individual authors
- Literary Collections > Essays
- History > Great Britain