The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The School for Husbands
L'École des maris
The School for Husbands (L'École des maris) is a work by Molière (the stage name of Jean-Baptiste Poquelin), a French playwright who is often considered to be one of Western literature's great masters of comedy. In a theatre in the Louvre and in the Palais-Royal, Molière found success among the Parisians with The School for Husbands. First performed in 1661, it forms part of Molière's "Jealousy series", which includes ou Le Cocu imaginaire (The Imaginary Cuckold), Dom Garcie de Navarre ou Le Prince jaloux (The Jealous Prince), and L'École des femmes (The School for Wives).
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Literature > American literature > Individual authors > 2001-
- Academic > Literature > French literature > Old French literature > Collections Individual authors and works
- Academic > Literature > French literature > History and criticism > General
- Academic > Literature > French literature > History and criticism > Medieval. Old French
- Academic > Literature > American literature > Prose
- Academic > Literature > French literature > Modern literature Individual authors