Family Practice Examination & Board Review, Second Edition
A Comprehensive Case-Based Review Guide for the Family Practice Boards or Recertification Exam
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"The book is both broad and comprehensive, with chapters written by family physicians and specialists who contribute informative, easy to follow, and concise discussions. Chapters cover the main systems of the body as well as HIV/AIDS, men's health, women's health, care of the surgical patient, and care of the older patient. In addition, there are chapters not traditionally included in board review books on ethics, end-of-life care, evidence-based medicine, and patient-centered care. Chapters are well written, contain questions consistent with those found on the boards, and provide explanations that will help readers navigate these topics on the exam. The case-based approach provides a comprehensive review of topics commonly encountered in the family physician's office. Each chapter contains clinical pearls, quizzes, and objectives to ensure that the main points have been addressed. The numerous illustrations include quality images of dermatological conditions, EKGs, and x-rays. Tables provide useful charts and are effective teaching tools.
This will be a wonderful resource not only for those preparing for the family medicine boards, but also for family medicine residents, physicians, and anyone else working in a primary care setting." -- Doody's
Family Practice Examination & Board Review serves as an ideal study guide for the primary and recertification exam in family medicine and for licensure exams. Containing more than 400 progressive clinical cases that cover all specialty and topic areas tested on the exams, this unique guide features a step-by-step approach that ensures you fully comprehend a subject before moving on to a more advanced one.
- More than 400 case studies that reflect the realities of clinical practice
- Comprehensive coverage of ALL topics on the boards and recertifying exam
- Hundreds of “Helpful Tip” boxes that provide valuable clinical pearls
- Learning aids including "Quick Quizzes," learning objectives, and online resources
- Up-to-date coverage of evolving issues such as multicultural medicine and evidence-based medicine
- High-quality color photographs of conditions most easily diagnosed by appearance
- More color photos and diagrams than in the previous edition
- Improved design -- so you can spend more time learning and less time looking for answers
- Completely updated content reflecting all major new developments in diagnosis and treatment
- NEW! Expanded coverage of current topics such as clinical ethics, women's health, and obstetrics
Title: Family Practice Examination & Board Review, Second Edition
Author: Mark Graber; Jason K. Wilbur
Parting 2004 US$ 13.95 81 pages
Introduction to Telemedicine, second edition 2006 US$ 49.95 219 pages