The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Improving Primary Mathematics
Linking Home and School
Improving Primary Mathematics provides primary teachers with practical ideas about how to bring these two worlds closer to improve children’s mathematics learning.
Using a number of fascinating case studies focusing on children’s experiences of mathematics both inside and outside the classroom, the book asks:
- How do children use mathematics in their everyday lives?
- How can teachers use this knowledge to improve children’s learning in school?
- What activities can teachers use with parents to help share the ways that schools teach mathematics?
- What can parents do to support their children’s learning of mathematics?
Tried-and-tested practical suggestions for activities to support and encourage children’s learning of mathematics include: making videos to share teaching methods; children taking photos to show how they use mathematics at home; inviting parents into school to share in mathematics learning; and numeracy-based activities for children and their parents to do together at home.
All those involved in planning, teaching and supporting primary mathematics will benefit from new insights into how learning at home and at school can be brought together to strengthen and improve children’s learning of mathematics.
93 pages; ISBN 9781134226146
, or download in
More from this author
- Assessment2002US$ 37.95177 pages
- Teaching Secondary Mathematics as if the Planet Matters2013US$ 36.95192 pages
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages