The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Believing Primate
Scientific, Philosophical, and Theological Reflections on the Origin of Religion
evidence in their favour. Philosophical and theological reflections on these accounts follow, offered by leading philosophers, theologians, and scientists. This diverse group of scholars address some fascinating underlying questions: Do scientific accounts of religion undermine the justification of religious belief?
Do such accounts show religion to be an accidental by-product of our evolutionary development? And, whilst we seem naturally disposed toward religion, would we fare better or worse without it? Bringing together dissenting perspectives, this provocative collection will serve to freshly illuminate ongoing debate on these perennial questions. -
384 pages; ISBN 9780191615801
Download in or
Title: The Believing Primate
Author: Jeffrey Schloss; Michael Murray
More Language Arts
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Cultural traits, customs, and institutions > Intellectual life, Including communication, recreation, philosophy, religion, knowledge, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Religious doctrines (General) > Origins of religion
- Academic > Religion > Religion (General)
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Philosophy > Religious
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognitive Psychology
- Religion > Sociology of Religion
- Religion > History
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics