The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Existentialism For Dummies
You’ll find an introduction to existentialism and understand how it fits into the history of philosophy. This insightful guide will expose you to existentialism’s ideas about the absurdity of life and the ways that existentialism guides politics, solidarity, and respect for others. There’s even a section on religious existentialism. You’ll be able to reviewkey existential themes and writings. Find out how to:
- Trace the influence of existentialism
- Distinguish each philosopher’s specific ideas
- Explain what it means to say that “God is dead”
- See culture through an existentialist lens
- Understand the existentialist notion of time, finitude, and death
- Navigate the absurdity of life
- Master the art of individuality
Complete with lists of the ten greatest existential films, ten great existential aphorisms, and ten common misconceptions about existentialism, Existentialism For Dummies is your one-stop guide to a very influential school of thought.
, or download in or