VoIP Deployment For Dummies
Here’s how to analyze your network and implement a VoIP phone system, manage and maintain it, keep it secure, and troubleshoot problems. You’ll learn how to plan the rollout, work with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), handle fax issues, and keep your users happy.
- Understand how VoIP works, common misconceptions about it, and the pros and cons for your organization
- Compare and comprehend hardware and software choices
- Discover the options for touch tones and faxing via VoIP systems
- Analyze network devices, IP addresses, connections to remote sites, and other aspects that will affect VoIP implementation
- Draw up a test plan, check out both voice and fax transmission, get a report, and schedule the installation
- Investigate SIP call generation, identify the elements, understand cancelled calls, and re-INVITE calls
- Troubleshoot your system, identify call variables, trace the source of a problem, manage trouble tickets, and resolve failures
- Manage latency, jitter, and flap, and take advantage of Wireshark
- Find out what to expect when your system goes live
Written by an expert with extensive real-world experience in VoIP implementation and management, VoIP Deployment For Dummies provides the know-how you need. You’ll be able to implement your system and manage any issues proactively, which is sure to look good to your boss!
432 pages; ISBN 9780470440063
, or download in or
Title: VoIP Deployment For Dummies
Author: Stephen P. Olejniczak