VoIP Deployment For Dummies
Here’s how to analyze your network and implement a VoIPphone system, manage and maintain it, keep it secure, andtroubleshoot problems. You’ll learn how to plan the rollout,work with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), handle fax issues, andkeep your users happy.
- Understand how VoIP works, common misconceptions about it, andthe pros and cons for your organization
- Compare and comprehend hardware and software choices
- Discover the options for touch tones and faxing via VoIPsystems
- Analyze network devices, IP addresses, connections to remotesites, and other aspects that will affect VoIP implementation
- Draw up a test plan, check out both voice and fax transmission,get a report, and schedule the installation
- Investigate SIP call generation, identify the elements,understand cancelled calls, and re-INVITE calls
- Troubleshoot your system, identify call variables, trace thesource of a problem, manage trouble tickets, and resolvefailures
- Manage latency, jitter, and flap, and take advantage ofWireshark
- Find out what to expect when your system goes live
Written by an expert with extensive real-world experience inVoIP implementation and management, VoIP Deployment ForDummies provides the know-how you need. You’ll be able toimplement your system and manage any issues proactively, which issure to look good to your boss!
432 pages; ISBN 9780470440063
, or download in or
Title: VoIP Deployment For Dummies
Author: Stephen P. Olejniczak