A Housing Typology
For this typology of residential buildings, the authors have developed systematic new presentations of the most innovative types. Each individual volume lays out the possibilities for using and transforming a particular form of residential structure.
The first volume deals with the various types of the courtyard house, which utilizes the courtyard as an intimate outdoor living space. A presentation of the courtyard as a building block of the city is followed by coverage of the complete spectrum of types - cluster, network, carpet, terraces, etc.
The second volume is devoted to the various types of row house, a particularly widespread form of residential structure. A general discussion of the row as organizing principle - the row as urban building block, linear space, ways of handling corners - is followed by the systematic presentation of the different types.
Within each type, variants are distinguished according to how they organize space, their number of floors, etc. The range of possible solutions is presented in uniform ground plans newly drawn to scale.
Title: Row Houses
Author: Per Brauneck
PreFab Houses DesignSource 2012 US$ 14.99 640 pages
Building Construction Illustrated 2014 US$ 43.99 482 pages
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Special classes of buildings > Classed by use > Domestic architecture. Houses. Dwellings
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Special classes of buildings > Classed by use > Domestic architecture. Houses. Dwellings
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821-
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings