The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Canterbury Tales in Modern Verse
The selection features complete translations of the majority of the stories, including all of the more familiar tales and narrative links along with abridgments or summaries of the others. To reflect Chaucer's interest in poetic technique, Glaser presents the tales written in non-couplet stanzas in their original forms.
An Introduction, marginal glosses, bibliography, and notes are also included.
Joseph Glaser is Professor of English, Western Kentucky University. His most recent books are Understanding Style: Practical Ways to Improve Your Writing (Oxford University Press, 2000) and a modern retelling of Le Morte D'Arthur (Pegasus Press, 2005).
348 pages; ISBN 9781603842426
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Anglo-Saxon (Beginnings through 1066)
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Anglo-Norman period. Early English. Middle
- Poetry > Ancient, Classical & Medieval
- Poetry > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Collections