The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Canterbury Tales in Modern Verse
The selection features complete translations of the majority of the stories, including all of the more familiar tales and narrative links along with abridgments or summaries of the others. To reflect Chaucer's interest in poetic technique, Glaser presents the tales written in non-couplet stanzas in their original forms.
An Introduction, marginal glosses, bibliography, and notes are also included.
Joseph Glaser is Professor of English, Western Kentucky University. His most recent books are Understanding Style: Practical Ways to Improve Your Writing (Oxford University Press, 2000) and a modern retelling of Le Morte D'Arthur (Pegasus Press, 2005).
348 pages; ISBN 9781603842426
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
How to Read Literature Like a Professor 2009 US$ 11.49 314 pages
English Literature for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 34.00 258 pages
Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review 2011 US$ 49.00 289 pages
Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five 1997 US$ 5.99 85 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Anglo-Saxon (Beginnings through 1066)
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Anglo-Norman period. Early English. Middle
- Poetry > Ancient, Classical & Medieval
- Poetry > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Collections