The Canterbury Tales in Modern Verse
The selection features complete translations of the majority of the stories, including all of the more familiar tales and narrative links along with abridgments or summaries of the others. To reflect Chaucer's interest in poetic technique, Glaser presents the tales written in non-couplet stanzas in their original forms.
An Introduction, marginal glosses, bibliography, and notes are also included.
Joseph Glaser is Professor of English, Western Kentucky University. His most recent books are Understanding Style: Practical Ways to Improve Your Writing (Oxford University Press, 2000) and a modern retelling of Le Morte D'Arthur (Pegasus Press, 2005).
348 pages; ISBN 9781603842426
, or download in or
Title: The Canterbury Tales in Modern Verse
Author: Geoffrey Chaucer; Joseph Glaser
More Literary Criticism
Critique of the Power of Judgment 2000 US$ 36.00 477 pages
How to Read Literature Like a Professor Revised 2014 US$ 7.99 314 pages
- Academic > Literature > English literature > By period > Anglo-Saxon (Beginnings through 1066)
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Anglo-Norman period. Early English. Middle
- Poetry > Ancient, Classical & Medieval
- Poetry > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Collections