The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Dalits in Modern India
Vision and Values
of the marginalised Dalit masses and looks forward to a new humanity based on
equality, social justice and human dignity. Within the context of Dalit emancipation,
it explores the social, economic and cultural content of Dalit transformation
in modern India. These articles, by some of the foremost researchers in the field,
are presented in four parts:
Part I deals with the historical material on the origin and development of
untouchability in Indian civilisation.
Part II contests mainstream explanations and shows that the Dalit vision of
Indian society is different from that of the upper castes.
Part III offers a critique of the Sanskritic perspective of traditional Indian
society, and fieldwork-based portraits of the Hinduisation of Adivasis in Gujarat,
Dalit patriarchy in Maharashtra and Dalit power politics in Uttar Pradesh.
Part IV concentrates on the economic condition of the Dalits.
368 pages; ISBN 9788132101345
, or download in
The Power of Full Engagement 2003 US$ 11.65 288 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 38.00 746 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Communities. Classes. Races > Classes > Caste system
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology > Ethnic groups and races > By region or country
- Academic > History > History of Asia > India (Bharat)
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Social Science > Special Groups
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Discrimination & Race Relations
- History > India and Subcontinent