The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Politics of Water Resource Development in India
The Case of Narmada
India, with special reference to the Narmada river waters dispute. The author
draws on a wealth of studies on Narmada as also his own research to analyse the
controversy from the perspective of a political scientist.
The author analyses three aspects of the conflict over developing the waters
of the Narmada:
- The politics of the inter-state river water dispute over Narmada waters in
the context of Indian centre-state and inter-state relationships and the constitutional
and legal mechanisms for resolving disputes among riparian states.
- The Narmada upstream-downstream politics implicit in the battle between downstream
Gujarat and Rajasthan versus upstream Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- The much-publicized struggle between those for and others against the construction
of the gigantic Sardar Sarovar dam.
Given the highly contentious nature of these struggles, the author objectively
highlights how and why the outcomes of such struggles have largely depended
on the realities of power.
287 pages; ISBN 9788132101321
, or download in
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Agriculture > Utilization and culture of special classes of
- Science > Environmental Science
- Political Science > Economic Policy
- Political Science > Public Policy
- Technology > Hydrology
- Business > Environmental Economics
- Business > Real Estate
- Business > Labor