Managing the Difficult Emotions
A Programme for the Promotion of Emotional Intelligence and Resilience for Young People Aged 12 To 16
Within the structure of the programme there are five habits that are continually practised:
" Being calm
" Having energy
" Having courage
" Giving care
" Making plans.
The second part of the book considers:
" Alcohol and tobacco.
There are full facilitator's notes and the worksheets, activities and quizzes are presented in an enjoyable and lively style.
Bob Bellhouse began his career as a teacher in mainstream schools before finding his niche working in alternative settings with marginalised young people. For the past 15 years, he has worked as a researcher and writer, specialising in education. He has an underlying interest in finding ways that help children and youth become deeply interested (engaged) in school and learning.
97 pages; ISBN 9781849202114
, or download in
Title: Managing the Difficult Emotions
Author: Bob Bellhouse; Andrew Fuller; Glenda Johnston
- Academic > Psychology > Developmental psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Adolescent
- Education > Counseling
- Education > Educational Psychology
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Family & Relationships > Emotions
- Family & Relationships > Adolescence