A Very Short Introduction
resources be distributed fairly? - ;Issues in medical ethics are rarely out of the media and it is an area of ethics that has particular interest for the general public as well as the medical practitioner. This short and accessible introduction provides an invaluable tool with which to think about the ethical values that lie at the heart of medicine. Tony Hope deals with the thorny moral questions such as euthanasia and the morality of killing, and also explores political questions such as: how should health care
resources be distributed fairly? Each chapter in this book considers a different issue: genetics, modern reproductive technologies, resource allocation, mental health, medical research, and discusses controversial questions such as:
· Who should have access to reproductive technology? Who should pay?
· Is it right to fund expensive drug treatment for individuals?
· Should active euthanasia be legalized?
· Should treatment for mental illness be imposed on patients without their consent?
· Who should have access to information from genetic testing?
· Should we require consent for the use of dead bodies or organs in medical research? -
168 pages; ISBN 9780191577710
Download in or
Title: Medical Ethics
Author: Tony Hope
Prescriber's Guide 2014 US$ 72.00 826 pages
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages