The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Religious Organizations in Community Services
A Social Work Perspective
This book explores the scope and breadth of religious organizations in social work practice. It begins by tracing the origins of the social work profession back to the earliest civilizations and their religious traditions, establishing the precedent for a fruitful commingling of religion and social welfare. The contributors propose that religious/faith organizations can assume responsibilities for social welfare in the 21st century, using the Korean Church as one example of an effective provider of social services.
A 12-step model for religious organizations to use to develop community action programs is also presented.;chapter
215 pages; ISBN 9780826115782
, or download in
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > The church and charity
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Social Science > Social Work
- Social Science > Philanthropy & Charity