The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Intimate Partner and Family Abuse
A Casebook of Gender Inclusive Therapy
"The collected case examples are noteworthy in their diversity of presenting issue, treatment format, and outcome. As a whole, they underline our continued need to conduct assessments with clients prior to initiating treatment, to direct treatment toward identified client-related problems (in essence, meeting clients where they are), and to collect data that speaks to the effectiveness of our interventions in many settings and with many types of clients."
-Jennifer Langhinrichsen-Rohling, PhD, Professor of Psychology, University of South Alabama
Shows how to successfully conduct family interventions - based on case studies
- Includes male-perpetrated, female-perpetrated, and mutual violence scenarios
- Presents a variety of theoretical orientations
- Includes discussion questions after each case study
This casebook showcases a wide variety of couples and families whose domestic violence cases vary in their composition, ethnic and socioeconomic status, and mental health issues. The case authors outline different therapeutic approaches for each case, including cognitive-behavioral, family systems, feminist, problem-solving, and many others.
Each account includes a thorough description of the assessment procedure, treatment goals and reasons for selecting a particular approach and an account of the course of treatment. The book is primarily intended for mental health professionals and graduate students in the fields of family therapy, counseling, and family violence; but will also be of value to anyone in the field of family violence and those concerned with domestic violence public policy, prevention, and intervention.;chapter
408 pages; ISBN 9780826121363
, or download in
More from this author
- Family Interventions in Domestic Violence2006US$ 90.00695 pages
- Gender Inclusive Treatment of Intimate Partner Abuse2005US$ 65.00329 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Personality disorders. Behavior problems
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Family & Relationships > Abuse