Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science
"As in the first edition, the author has done a magnificent job compiling these instruments and providing important information that the reader can use to evaluate their usefulness."
--Ora Lea Strickland, RN, PhD, FAAN (From the Foreword)
This book provides all the essential research tools for assessing and measuring caring for those in the caring professions. Watson's text is the only comprehensive and accessible collection of instruments for care measurement in clinical and educational nursing research. The measurements address quality of care, patient, client, and nurse perceptions of caring, and caring behaviors, abilities, and efficacy.
Newly updated, this edition also contains three new chapters, which document the most effective caring language and provide innovative methods of selecting appropriate tools for measurement based on validity and reliability.
Key features of new edition:
- A chapter providing a comprehensive literature review of the research and measurement of caring
- A chapter entitled "Caring Factor Survey," which presents a new scale based on Watson's original theory of human caring
- Chapters outlining instruments for care measurement, including Holistic Caring Inventory, Peer Group Caring Interaction Scale, and many more
- New instruments focused on assessing caring at the administrative-relational caring level
- An updated section dedicated to challenges and future directions of the measurement of caring
366 pages; ISBN 9780826121974
, or download in
Title: Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science
Author: Jean Watson
Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care and Schools 2008 US$ 47.00 209 pages
Being Mortal 2014 US$ 10.99 320 pages
Clinical Manual of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology 2012 US$ 74.00 485 pages
Anatomy of an Epidemic 2010 US$ 1.99