The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Understanding Statistical Concepts Using S-plus
Written as a supplemental text for an introductory or intermediate statistics course, this book is organized along the lines of many popular statistics texts. The chapters provide a good conceptual understanding of basic statistics and include exercises that use S-PLUS simulation programs. Each chapter lists a set of objectives and a summary.
The book offers a rich insight into how probability has shaped statistical procedures in the behavioral sciences, as well as a brief history behind the creation of various statistics. Computational skills are kept to a minimum by including S-PLUS programs that run the exercises in the chapters. Students are not required to master the writing of S-PLUS programs, but explanations of how the programs work and program output are included in each chapter. S-PLUS is an advanced statistical package that has an extensive library of functions, which offer flexibility in writing customized routines.
The S-PLUS functions provide the capability of programming object and dialog windows, which are commonly used in Windows software applications. The S-PLUS program also contains pull-down menus for the statistical analysis of data.
A ZIP file containing programs that work in S-PLUS 6.2 for use with this book is available for download from http://www.psypress.com/resources/9780805836233.zip - please note that these scripts will only run in S-PLUS 6.2 and not later versions due to changes in the programming language syntax.
, or download in or
More from this author
- A Beginner's Guide to Structural Equation Modeling2004US$ 75.00494 pages
- New Developments and Techniques in Structural Equation Modeling2001US$ 49.95354 pages
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics; Data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Research & Methodology
- Education > Research
- Education > Testing & Measurement
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software