Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations, Second Edition
Hailed on its initial publication as a real-world, practical handbook, the second edition of Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations continues to make the same basic point: water and wastewater operators must have a basic skill set that is both wide and deep. They must be generalists, well-rounded in the sciences, cyber operations, math operations, mechanics, technical concepts, and common sense. With coverage that spans the breadth and depth of the field, the handbook explores the latest principles and technologies and provides information necessary to prepare for licensure exams.
Expanded from beginning to end, this second edition provides a no-holds-barred look at current management issues and includes the latest security information for protecting public assets. It presents in-depth coverage of management aspects and security needs and a new chapter covering the basics of blueprint reading. The chapter on water and wastewater mathematics has tripled in size and now contains an additional 200 problems and 350 math system operational problems with solutions. The manual examines numerous real-world operating scenarios, such as the intake of raw sewage and the treatment of water via residual management, and each scenario includes a comprehensive problem-solving practice set.
The text follows a non-traditional paradigm based on real-world experience and proven parameters. Clearly written and user friendly, this revision of a bestseller builds on the remarkable success of the first edition. This book is a thorough compilation of water science, treatment information, process control procedures, problem-solving techniques, safety and health information, and administrative and technological trends.
Title: Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations, Second Edition
Author: Frank R. Spellman
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Academic > Engineering > Sanitary engineering
- The Environment > Water Management
- The Environment > Pollution
- Science > Geology
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Industries
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- Handbook of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations, Third EditionUS$ 167.95
- Mathematics Manual for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Second Edition: Wastewater Treatment OperationsUS$ 99.95
- Mathematics Manual for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Second Edition: Water Treatment OperationsUS$ 99.95
- Mathematics Manual for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators, Second EditionUS$ 99.95
- Safe Work Practices for Wastewater Treatment Plants, Second EditionUS$ 132.95