The Purpose of Boys
Helping Our Sons Find Meaning, Significance, and Direction in Their Lives
In this climax to his series of landmark books about boys,Michael Gurian offers a powerful new program to help us give oursons a core purpose–a program based on building morality,character, career goals, the ability to form intimaterelationships, selflessness, personal and community responsibility,and an accelerated process of developmental maturity. Gurianreveals how important purpose is for the success and happiness ofboys and explains how a boy's core personality, nature, and geneticpredisposition functions to create both strengths and weaknesses intheir journey towards maturity.
- Includes an innovative program for support and interventionsaccording to the unique needs, weaknesses, and strengths of eachindividual young man.
- This book is the follow-up to Gurian's bestselling The Mindsof Boys
- Draws on the latest science and field research on how boysdevelop neurologically
- Gurian explores the unique issues boys must confront, and showshow their strategy for moral development and success in life ispredicated on their nature and genetic predispositions.
, or download in or
Title: The Purpose of Boys
Author: Michael Gurian
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > The family. Marriage. Home > Children. Child development
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Children, child development
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Social Science > Men's Studies
- Family & Relationships > Teenagers
- Family & Relationships > Child Care