The Purpose of Boys
Helping Our Sons Find Meaning, Significance, and Direction in Their Lives
In this climax to his series of landmark books about boys, Michael Gurian offers a powerful new program to help us give our sons a core purpose–a program based on building morality, character, career goals, the ability to form intimate relationships, selflessness, personal and community responsibility, and an accelerated process of developmental maturity. Gurian reveals how important purpose is for the success and happiness of boys and explains how a boy's core personality, nature, and genetic predisposition functions to create both strengths and weaknesses in their journey towards maturity.
- Includes an innovative program for support and interventions according to the unique needs, weaknesses, and strengths of each individual young man.
- This book is the follow-up to Gurian's bestselling The Minds of Boys
- Draws on the latest science and field research on how boys develop neurologically
- Gurian explores the unique issues boys must confront, and shows how their strategy for moral development and success in life is predicated on their nature and genetic predispositions.
, or download in or
Title: The Purpose of Boys
Author: Michael Gurian
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 9.99 288 pages
The Joy of Sex 2013 US$ 13.99 288 pages
- Academic > Sociology > The Family. Marriage. Women > The family. Marriage. Home > Children. Child development
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Children, child development
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Social Science > Men's Studies
- Family & Relationships > Teenagers
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Child Care