The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy
An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade
The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy has beenlauded by the New York Times, Financial Times, and reviewersworldwide. Translated into fourteen languages, Travels hasreceived numerous awards for its frank and nuanced discussion ofglobal economic realities. Now updated and revised--includinga discussion of environmental issues--this fascinating bookillustrates crucial lessons in economics, politics, andglobalization.
The major themes and conclusions from the first edition areintact, but in response to questions from readers andstudents around the world, the second edition now includes:
- Updates on the people, businesses, and politics involved in theproduction of the T-shirt.
- Discussions of environmental issues related to bothinternational trade and the T-shirt's life story.
Title: The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy
Author: Pietra Rivoli
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Special industries and trades > Manufacturing industries
- Political Science > Economic Policy
- Political Science > International Relations
- Business > Industries > Clothing Trade
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Business > International
- Business > Management