The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy
An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade
The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy has been lauded by the New York Times, Financial Times, and reviewers worldwide. Translated into fourteen languages, Travels has received numerous awards for its frank and nuanced discussion of global economic realities. Now updated and revised--including a discussion of environmental issues--this fascinating book illustrates crucial lessons in economics, politics, and globalization.
The major themes and conclusions from the first edition are intact, but in response to questions from readers and students around the world, the second edition now includes:
- Updates on the people, businesses, and politics involved in the production of the T-shirt.
- Discussions of environmental issues related to both international trade and the T-shirt's life story.
Title: The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy
Author: Pietra Rivoli
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team 2007 US$ 14.97 243 pages
The Smartest Guys in the Room 2013 US$ 13.99 480 pages
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Special industries and trades > Manufacturing industries
- Political Science > Economic Policy
- Political Science > International Relations
- Business > Industries > Clothing Trade
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Business > International
- Business > Management