The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Rare Event Simulation using Monte Carlo Methods
Monte Carlo Methods, the simulation of corresponding models, are used to analyze rare events. This book sets out to present the mathematical tools available for the efficient simulation of rare events. Importance sampling and splitting are presented along with an exposition of how to apply these tools to a variety of fields ranging from performance and dependability evaluation of complex systems, typically in computer science or in telecommunications, to chemical reaction analysis in biology or particle transport in physics.
Graduate students, researchers and practitioners who wish to learn and apply rare event simulation techniques will find this book beneficial.
280 pages; ISBN 9780470745410
, or download in
IB Mathematics Standard Level 2012 US$ 58.80 800 pages
IB Mathematics Higher Level 2012 US$ 67.20 832 pages
IB Mathematical Studies Standard 2012 US$ 53.60 624 pages
Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics Core and Extended Coursebook with CD-ROM 2012 US$ 27.00 890 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Probabilities
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Distribution (Probability theory)
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Large deviations
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics