The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Uniquely, this book is structured to reflect the sequential and cyclical processes of exploration, appraisal, development and production. Chapters dedicated to each of these aspects are further illustrated by case histories drawn from the authors' experiences. Petroleum Geoscience has a global and 'geo-temporal' backdrop, drawing examples and case histories from around the world and from petroleum systems ranging in age from late-Pre-Cambrian to Pliocene.
In order to show how geoscience is integrated at all levels within the industry, the authors stress throughout the links between geology and geophysics on the one hand, and drilling, reservoir engineering, petrophysics, petroleum engineering, facilities design, and health, safety and the environment on the other.
- Petroleum Geoscience is designed as a practical guide, with the basic theory augmented by case studies from a wide spread of geographical locations.
- Covers all the key aspects of the origin of petroleum, exploration, and production. It takes account of the modern emphasis on the efficient utilisation of reserves, on new methods in exploration (such as 3-D seismics).
- Book takes 'value-chain' approach to Petroleum Geoscience.
- First new text on petroleum geology for geology undergraduates to be published in the last ten years.
- Packed full of real-life case studies from Petroleum industry.
376 pages; ISBN 9781118688212
, or download in or