The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Rivers and Floodplains
Forms, Processes, and Sedimentary Record
Particular emphasis is placed on how an understanding of the nature of modern rivers and floodplains is required before any problems concerning rivers and floodplains, past or present, can be addressed rationally.
Rivers and Floodplains is designed as a core text for senior undergraduate and graduate students studying modern or ancient fluvial environments, particularly in earth sciences, environmental sciences and physical geography, but also in civil and agricultural engineering. College teachers, researchers, and practising professionals will also find the book an invaluable reference.
- Presents a process-based approach, which is relevant to modern curricula.
- Discusses methods of studying rivers and floodplains and their deposits.
- Provides many detailed examples throughout the text.
- Emphasises the basic principles of this subject.
- As the first synthesis of this entire field, it will be a must-have for all students studying modern or ancient fluvial environments.
- Teachers, researchers and practising professionals will find this an invaluable reference tool.
Rivers and Floodplains will also be of interest to geologists, geographers and engineers.
514 pages; ISBN 9781444311266
, or download in
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Rivers. Stream measurements
- Academic > Engineering > Hydraulic engineering > River, lake, and water-supply engineering (General)
- Academic > Physical Geography > Rivers. Stream measurements > Rivers, Dictionaries
- Academic > Physical Geography > Rivers. Stream measurements > Rivers
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering
- Science > Earth Sciences > Hydrology
- Science > Geology
- Technology > Hydrology