The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Groundwater in the Environment
Groundwater in the Environment draws on case studies and cutting-edge research from around the world, giving a unique insight into groundwater occurring in a wide range of different climate zones and geological settings. This book:
- provides a robust, practical introduction to groundwater quality, and a succinct summary of modern remedial technologies for polluted groundwaters
- explores how groundwater fits into the wider natural environment, especially in relation to freshwater ecosystems
- considers the vulnerability of groundwater systems and the effects of pollution, climate change, land-use change, and overexploitation
- examines human dependence on water and the effect that this has on groundwater systems
- presents vivid examples of geohazards associated with ground waters
- explains the whys and wherefores of groundwater modeling
- examines competing philosophies of groundwater management, making the case for approaches which take social, economic and ecological issues into account.
Goundwater in the Environment provides an up-to-date, essential introduction for undergraduate students of environmental sciences, geography and geology. It will also be invaluable to professionals working in various fields of natural resource management who need accessible information on groundwater but who are reluctant to read conventional texts full of mathematical notation. For practicing hydrogeologists and engineers without formal training in freshwater ecology, this book provides a `crash course' in the new frontiers of groundwater management.
Artwork from the book is available to instructors online at www.blackwellpublishing.com/younger. An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.
336 pages; ISBN 9781444309041
, or download in
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, Dictionaries
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Groundwater. Hydrogeology
- Academic > Physical Geography > Groundwater. Hydrogeology > Hydrogeology
- Academic > Physical Geography > Groundwater. Hydrogeology > Hydrogeology, Dictionaries, Polyglot
- Science > Earth Sciences > Hydrology
- Science > Geology
- Technology > Hydrology