The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Flood and Megaflood Processes and Deposits
Recent and Ancient Examples (Special Publication 32 of the IAS)
The products of these floods are presented in terms of sedimentary deposits, erosional features and damage to human activities.
The volume bears out the concept that sedimentological analysis can be a powerful tool, not only for reconstructing processes that have acted on ancient landscapes, but also as a technique for risk assessment of certain troubled areas. Therefore, this volume is of interest not only to sedimentologists/gemorphlogists, but also to engineers, landuse planners and anyone interested in the interrelation between humans and the environment.
If you are a member of the International Association of Sedimentologists, for purchasing details, please see: http://www.iasnet.org/publications/details.asp?code=SP32
322 pages; ISBN 9781444304305
, or download in
More Political Science
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Rivers. Stream measurements
- Academic > Physical Geography > Rivers. Stream measurements > Floods
- Science > Earth Sciences > Hydrology
- Science > Geology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development