TCP/IP Sockets in C
Practical Guide for Programmers
TCP/IP Sockets in C: Practical Guide for Programmers, 2nd Edition is a quick and affordable way to gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop sophisticated and powerful web-based applications. The book's focused, tutorial-based approach enables the reader to master the tasks and techniques essential to virtually all client-server projects using sockets in C. This edition has been expanded to include new advancements such as support for IPv6 as well as detailed defensive programming strategies.
If you program using Java, be sure to check out this book’s companion, TCP/IP Sockets in Java: Practical Guide for Programmers, 2nd Edition.
- Includes completely new and expanded sections that address the IPv6 network environment, defensive programming, and the select() system call, thereby allowing the reader to program in accordance with the most current standards for internetworking.
- Streamlined and concise tutelage in conjunction with line-by-line code commentary allows readers to quickly program web-based applications without having to wade through unrelated and discursive networking tenets.
- Grants the reader access to online source code, which the can then be used to directly implement sockets programming procedures.
216 pages; ISBN 9780080923215
, or download in or
Title: TCP/IP Sockets in C
Author: Michael J. Donahoo; Kenneth L. Calvert
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application program interfaces (Computer software)
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Networking
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Programming