TCP/IP Sockets in C
Practical Guide for Programmers
TCP/IP Sockets in C: Practical Guide for Programmers, 2nd Edition is a quick and affordable way to gain the knowledge and skills needed to develop sophisticated and powerful web-based applications. The book's focused, tutorial-based approach enables the reader to master the tasks and techniques essential to virtually all client-server projects using sockets in C. This edition has been expanded to include new advancements such as support for IPv6 as well as detailed defensive programming strategies.
If you program using Java, be sure to check out this book’s companion, TCP/IP Sockets in Java: Practical Guide for Programmers, 2nd Edition.
- Includes completely new and expanded sections that address the IPv6 network environment, defensive programming, and the select() system call, thereby allowing the reader to program in accordance with the most current standards for internetworking.
- Streamlined and concise tutelage in conjunction with line-by-line code commentary allows readers to quickly program web-based applications without having to wade through unrelated and discursive networking tenets.
- Grants the reader access to online source code, which the can then be used to directly implement sockets programming procedures.
216 pages; ISBN 9780080923215
, or download in or
Title: TCP/IP Sockets in C
Author: Michael J. Donahoo; Kenneth L. Calvert
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages
Managing Online Forums 2008 US$ 6.95 320 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application program interfaces (Computer software)
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Networking
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Programming