Cognitive Radio Technology
This book gives a thorough knowledge of cognitive radio concepts, principles, standards, spectrum policy issues and product implementation details. In addition to 16 chapters covering all the basics of cognitive radio, this new edition has eight brand-new chapters covering cognitive radio in multiple antenna systems, policy language and policy engine, spectrum sensing, rendezvous techniques, spectrum consumption models, protocols for adaptation, cognitive networking, and information on the latest standards, making it an indispensable resource for the RF and wireless engineer.
The new edition of this cutting edge reference, which gives a thorough knowledge of principles, implementation details, standards, policy issues in one volume, enables the RF and wireless engineer to master and apply today’s cognitive radio technologies.
Bruce Fette, PhD, is Chief Scientist in the Communications Networking Division of General Dynamics C4 Systems in Scottsdale, AZ. He worked with the Software Defined Radio (SDR) Forum from its inception, currently performing the role of Technical Chair, and is a panelist for the IEEE Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing Industrial Technology Track. He currently heads the General Dynamics Signal Processing Center of Excellence in the Communication Networks Division. Dr. Fette has 36 patents and has been awarded the "Distinguished Innovator Award".
* Foreword and a chapter contribution by Joe Mitola, the creator of the field
* Discussion of cognitive aids to the user, spectrum owner, network operator
* Explanation of capabilities such as time – position awareness, speech and language awareness, multi-objective radio and network optimization, and supporting database infrastructure
* Detailed information on product implementation to aid product developers
* Thorough descriptions of each cognitive radio component technology provided by leaders of their respective fields, and the latest in high performance analysis – implementation techniques
* Explanations of the complex architecture and terminology of the current standards activities
* Discussions of market opportunities created by cognitive radio technology
848 pages; ISBN 9780080923161
, or download in or
Title: Cognitive Radio Technology
Author: Bruce A. Fette
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 31.99 843 pages