Land Use Policy and Practice on Karst Terrains
Living on Limestone
Land use decisions in karst terrains can have immediate and serious impacts on the local landscape and groundwater resources. The existing literature on karst and land use can be very difficult to locate in the journals of any of a half-dozen different disciplines. This book brings the interdisciplinary knowledge together in one place, in a format that academics and professionals alike will find accessible, informative and useful.
Based on an examination of existing regulations, the experiences and opinions of planners and land use professionals, and quantitative analysis of publicly-available data, the book explores how human settlement patterns and urban systems in karst terrains are affected by land use regulations intended to protect karst resources. The book pays particular attention to the questions of whether these regulations will have a noticeable impact on density and on opportunities for economic growth and development in communities that choose to implement them. This analysis serves as the basis for a regulatory framework that may be used to understand the workings of land use regulations in karst terrains, and to aid in the development of such regulations in the future.
192 pages; ISBN 9781402096709
, or download in
Title: Land Use Policy and Practice on Karst Terrains
Author: Spencer Fleury
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain > Other natural landforms: Floodplains, caves, deserts, dunes, etc.
- Academic > Physical Geography > Other natural landforms > Karst
- Academic > Physical Geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Science > Geology
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics