Best Practice in Corporate Governance
Building Reputation and Sustainable Success
An earlier book, A Strategic Approach to Corporate Governance (Gower, 1999), examined corporate governance from a philosophical and 'big picture' standpoint. This book digs deeper and explores the operational issues around corporate governance, giving examples of good practice. It is a 'how to' book, which focuses on processes and practical issues, making the case for corporate governance in terms of measurable business benefits and competitive advantage.
The author explores a number of key themes:
• How corporate governance has expanded in scope and importance worldwide.
• How to engage with the wider range of stakeholders whose support is essential for success in a competitive world.
• How to distribute power to those who need to use it to perform effectively at all levels in the organisation.
• How to encourage the behaviours needed to effect good governance.
• How to embed best practice in the daily routine of the organisation.
• How to adapt best practice to meet the needs of different organisations.
• How effective corporate governance can build sustainable business success.
• How corporate governance may evolve to meet the needs of the future.
Corporate governance should address the needs of people seeking to cooperate effectively in a shared endeavour. It should be adopted, not imposed and Adrian Davies provides an eloquent and authoritative guide to this process.
Title: Best Practice in Corporate Governance
Author: Adrian Davies
Managerial Communication 2014 US$ 19.95 270 pages
The Smartest Guys in the Room 2013 US$ 13.99 480 pages
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Corporations
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Business > Management
- Business > Leadership
- Business > Corporate Finance
- Business > Organizational Behavior
- Business > Corporate & Business History