The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation
or, The Method of Realizing Nirvana through Knowing the Mind
Still more useful supplementary material will be found in the book's introductory remarks, by its editor Evans-Wentz and by the eminent psychoanalyst C. G. Jung. The former presents a 100-page General Introduction that explains several key names and notions (such as Nirvana, for starters) with the lucidity, ease, and sagacity that are this scholar's hallmark; the latter offers a Psychological Commentary that weighs the differences between Eastern and Western modes of thought before equating the "collective unconscious" with the Enlightened Mind of the Buddhist. As with the other three volumes in the late Evans-Wentz's critically acclaimed Tibetan series, all four of which are being published by Oxford in new editions, this book also features a new Foreword by Donald S. Lopez.
358 pages; ISBN 9780199840144
Download in or
More from this author
More Body Mind
The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition 2009 US$ 10.99 192 pages
The Purpose Driven Life 2008 US$ 9.99 340 pages
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Practice of Buddhism. Forms of worship > Modifications, schools, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Religion > Buddhism
- Social Science > Anthropology
- Body Mind & Spirit > Mysticism