The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Rationality in the Real World
Gerd Gigerenzer proposes and illustrates a bold new research program that investigates the psychology of rationality, introducing the concepts of ecological, bounded, and social rationality. His path-breaking collection takes research on thinking, social intelligence, creativity, and decision-making out of an ethereal world where the laws of logic and probability reign, and places it into our real world of human behavior and interaction. Adaptive Thinking is accessibly written for general readers with an interest in psychology, cognitive science, economics, sociology, philosophy, artificial intelligence, and animal behavior. It also teaches a practical audience, such as physicians, AIDS counselors, and experts in criminal law, how to understand and communicate uncertainties and risks.
359 pages; ISBN 9780198031178
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic > Special topics > Reasoning
- Academic > Logic > Philosophical logic
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Philosophy > Epistemology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Social Psychology
- Social Science > Sociology